Loading...

Our Story

Wright's Funeral Home has been serving the Quitman area community for many years. We’re thankful to be an important part of this community and will continue our longstanding legacy of helping families honor their loved ones.

 


 

The funeral home began as Kirkland Funeral Home in the 1930’s and was located on Main Street. In 1932, the funeral home became McClellan Funeral Home.

In 1933, the funeral home became McClellan-Walters Funeral Home and was moved from its Main Street location to its present location on Church Street.

Early to Mid-1950’s, the funeral home became Walters Funeral Home and that name continued until 1970 when L.G. “Glynn” Wright, Sr. purchased the funeral home from W. E. “Early” Walters.

The funeral home was remodeled in 1987, and again to its present look in 2005.

Wright’s Funeral Home is still owned and operated by the Wright family with L. G. “Butch” Wright Jr. and L. G. “Lou” Wright III, being the current owners after purchasing from L. G. Wright Sr. before his passing in 2004.




Wright's Funeral Home 1970-1987


Funeral Home after 1987 remodel


L. G. Wright Jr. after Mortuary School 1971


L. G. Wright Jr. 1999


Butch Wright, Glynn Wright, and Ben Ivy in early 1970's


W. E. "Early" Walters


L. G. "Glynn" Wright Sr. and wife Nita Wright After 1987 remodeling project


Ben Ivy, Faithful Employee and family friend that worked at Wright's as a Funeral Director/Embalmer for over 50 years.


Ben Ivy, Butch Wright and Lou Wright at Ben's retirement in 2012


Butch Wright and his wife Diane Wright and Lou Wright and his wife Tracy Wright

Wright's Funeral Home
Phone: (601) 776-2103
119 East Church Street, P. O. Box 839, Quitman, MS


© Wright's Funeral Home
Supported by SRS Computing and TA

Privacy Policy & Terms of Use